It’s been quite a while since the last post. Here’s what has transpired, in abbreviated format.
- Orbit got “fixed” a few weeks ago. We were hoping it would stop or curtail the leg humping but that hasn’t happened.
- He has gotten much calmer over the last few weeks. His “zoomy” periods are getting less and less and he’s much more content to sit and chew on his hooves, his current favorite chew toy.
- He has been getting better and better at curtailing the use of his teeth, which he tends to do when really excited and hyper.
- The new house has a massive back “yard” which amounts to 3 acres of hill behind the house with terraced gardens (we’re renting but it’s amazing). He tears around there on a long leash and gets his exercise daily which has been great.
- We went on a long 12-hour trip to North Carolina for Thanksgiving and he did great in the car — chilling in the back seat in his dog bed (strapped in, of course). Up and back were worry-free. We’re glad he is so good in the car. He generally watches us for a bit and then falls asleep.
- He is learning how to do a “circle right” trick where he does a little clockwise circle and then sits. He also is a pro at “sit”, “down”, “shake”, “other one”(shake other paw), “touch” (touch his nose to wherever our hands are), “quiet”, “go to your crate”.
- Alice started taking him to agility classes and he is doing well at it and loves it.